Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Spaziergang with Thore


The weather has been fabulous this past week and I had the pleasure a stroll with my new buddy, Thore. We spent the morning in Werden, visiting the Post, several bakeries (no one had Maisbrötchen!) and buying tickets for an upcoming trip to Berlin. We also walked along the Ruhr for a distance and I have to say, I've rarely had the pleasure of better company. Thore can make a sort of humming sound while we walk and as his stroller rolls over the cobbles, his voice sounds a little like an outboard motor. He also attracts the attention of passers-by and going in and out of the Post, people were falling all over themselves to hold the doors for us. He's got a mom and dad and they tend to monopolize his time, but I'm hoping we can get together more in the coming year.

No comments: